For Institutional Investors and Their Advisers
Institutional investors are time-constrained and spend a lot of time and effort determining how to allocate capital over multi-year periods. However good an asset manager’s product is, if it doesn’t meet a current need they will not invest. The institutional marketplace is highly competitive and investors have to prioritise their relationships to support their evolving priorities.
To meet our clients’ objectives, we need access to asset owners and their advisers. Reputation and relationships are vitally important, but we also need to show investors that we will add value to their investment activities. Partly that will be down to the quality of the asset managers we represent, but it will also depend on how professionally we operate. That is why we make certain important commitments to institutional investors:
- Market Knowledge – Our institutional sales experience equips us with a sound understanding of the market and regulatory environment. We understand the challenges you face.
- Focused Preparation – We will make continuous efforts to understand your business and your investment objectives to ensure our approaches are relevant.
- Professionalism – We will always operate professionally. We recognise your time is precious, so when we approach you, our communications will be brief and concise. We won’t be pushy, and importantly, we will take “no” for an answer!
- Fairness – Our remuneration will not impact the fees you may pay should you invest with a Black Isle asset manager client.
- Relevance and Creativity – We will constantly strive to bring you interesting and relevant new ideas. Your feedback is appreciated and allows us to refine our approach and search out the best new managers.